Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Self-Experiment 1

I have been trying to cut down the time I spend on the computer so I wait until 9PM to sign on AIM and expect to sign off at 10PM. But it always seems as if there is not enough time to finish what I have to do on the computer so I end up signing off at 11PM or 12PM. Sometimes, I feel that I need to be on AIM, to talk to friends, to connect with the outside world, so I cannot wait until 9PM. But particularly today, I was studying and I felt that time was passing by so slow, that I needed to start working on something else using the computer. When 9PM came, I did not feel like using the computer. Maybe it was the boredom from studying or something, but I felt tired going on the computer. I think that if I did not have to use the computer for HW, I would have spent less time or not have used the computer at all; I would have spent my time starting conversations with my mom or my little brother (maybe even studying some more) and actually be in the house mentally (not just physically) rather than connecting to something outside the world (the computer).

No comments:

Post a Comment