Wednesday, September 30, 2009

HW 8

Henry
OMG, it is scary; you are not moving....

Playing video games is fine if it takes only a portion of your time during the day. But if yu sit there like that for the rest of your life, that is going to be a problem. People are sticking their faces into the screens because the virtual them is in there doing amazing things. People are spending too much time on DRDs.

You have a great point when you talked about how people play video games because it takes too much energy to get up and do things yourselves. I think this brings up 2 points: people play MMORPG because their in game character can do things people in real life can't, and we are getting lazy.

I think you could have expanded on your feelings during which you were playing the game. I am actually wondering what you were thinking when you were playing. Were you thinking about the game? Or were you more conscious about the camera?

If we are playing MMORPG because it is easy for us to just sit back and control the character, how can we encourage people to get up and play UNO or billiards in real life?

My video is still in the making so... don't check yet.

Jakob
Good point about the attention span; we cannot even read a 3 line sentence without remembering what the first two lines said.

And again, you brought up the fact that yu were doing the same thing you did 5 minutes before (I am assuming you started editing right after you shot the video). Imagine that for 15 minutes or maybe even half an hour. No offense but I was kinda bored watching it (mine was not any better though).

When you said that, it reminded me of Sandy's video. I don't know if you seen it, but she took a video of herself and then took a video of herself editing the video. It was kinda cool for a moment, but when you think about it, watching yourself do that same thing over and over again gets boring.

I noticed that you were on your laptop? and that you are not on a computer desk like most people are in the video. This, I guess is a good thing because we can get comfortable in our beds, doing homework. But, we get too comfortable that I think it is making it harder for us to cut back on computer.

Even right now, I am on a laptop typing this comment to you. It is still a little painful but it beats sitting on a chair. I am actually about to fall asleep so when I am finished writing this comment, I will slide under my covers.

Thanks for the new ideas, good night.

Andy
I think your other video was cooler....

I actually did not really understand what you meant in your first response. You said you did not need to try really hard... doing what, before giving up... on what?

You want to stay away from the DRDs but as seen in your video, you were in contact with at least two of them. Good point about how our parents do not want us on computers yet we still are and probably in the future, kids will be doing the same thing. Wiis are game consoles that allow us to still be stimulated by DRDs while getting exercise.

That actually remind me of the analysis over time. There is the thesis (the fact that we are entertained by video games) and there is the antithesis (the fact that video games are keeping us from being active). Then Wii comes along and takes aspects from both the thesis and the antithesis; Wii is the higher synthesis.

You might want to expand on your second to last question. On the internet, people cannot really tell if you are being sarcastic. You have a spelling error too: last response "uni".

If our parents do not want us on computers but we still do go on them, and we do not want kids in the future to be on computers, does that mean that they will definitely be on computers? It sounds as if you think it is inevitable for kids in the future to be on computers. Will we or should we be the ones to set a model for people in the future?

And lastly, you gotta teach me some editing skills one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment