Saturday, September 19, 2009

Response to First Comments plus Other Comments

To Michelle:
I think that the electronic stimulation devices has made progress in technology but it has also dragged us down. To answer your question, I guess I am leaning towards the side in which using these devices is not worth being efficient. I feel that being efficient makes things complicated; everyone likes things kept simple.

To Henry:
My fault for not explaining what I meant by "real". Like Snyder said in class, we do not hear people's voices through the phone; we are only hearing the vibrations made in by the phone. Similarly if you are using a webcam, you are only seeing the image created by information from the computer. Anything you see on the computer is made by electric information sent from the motherboard.

Michelle:
What Henry said, you clearly laid out the fact that technology evolves after each generation.

Other than that, technology has deprived us from the world. Technology traps us in our own digital world and causes us to become aware of ourselves only.

I liked how you went deeply into how narcissistic we are and it reminds me of people who likes to take picture, as we call them "camera whores" <-- I think that's really funny.

Your reference to "FACEbook", "Ipod", "Iphone", and "Imac" really caught my attention. I read it and I was like oh shit, so true. Now that you mentioned "FACEbook", facebook actually sounds like a book about your "face" or your life. How narcissistic.

Your blog gave me a new point of view on facebook, thanks.

[Edits 9/21/09 8:26PM]
Jia Min
Hey Jia Min, I like how you talk about your feelings atm (at the moment, too lazy to type it out in the future).

You wonder whether advanced technology has been a positive contribution to the society or not. Advanced technologies are good in a way that Ipods can help people relax but they are also bad in a way that earphones can transmit germs into your ears.

I know how we all hate DRDs for taking over our lives (at least I do, a little) but I can also see that you have been attached to DRDs. You wish that we can go back to a time when technology was not that advanced but you also wish that there was a little bit of TV and internet. Clearly, you are hooked onto at least one DRD and it seems as if we need DRDs to entertain ourselves.

You have great questions and ideas but I feel that your ideas are all over the place. I think you should say all the positive aspects together and then the negative aspects.

I once too wondered how it is in rural areas; I told Adam today that I was sick of the city and he told me that there is nothing to do in rural areas. I think that if people from the city moved into the rural areas, they will use more DRDs than they did in the city because they need something to entertain them.

Lastly, I love your pictures; they are hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment