Monday, May 10, 2010

HW 54

Part 1:
I took the Jung test result and I thought the percent breakdowns were pretty accurate but the second box was not. The results show that I am introverted, sensing, feeling, and perceiving. But then it says artist and that I am interested in fine arts, express primarily through art form. In fact, I am no artist, not very interested in fine arts, and rarely express myself through the form of art. I feel like this test does not provide sufficient information to determine whether it is useful. It just breaks the categories down but does not give a description of your personality.

On the other hand, I thought this test was pretty accurate for J.M.H.; she is introverted, intuitive, feeling, and judging. She keeps a lot of things to herself, tries to find meaning behind everything, sensitive, and draws conclusions really quickly. The second part of the results was pretty accurate; I think she has some sort of drive to help others and enjoys doing it. She has a very complex personality. I think that the Big Five Test is more accurate and useful because it explains what the results mean. J.M.H. scored low for the extroversion part which suggests that she is reclusive, quiet, unassertive, and secretive which is very true.

Part 2:
I thought that my brother was an ISTP but his results were ISFP. As discussed in class, these personality tests measure how one view one's preferences rather than one's personality. Therefore, I think these test will entertain (like the audience at a magic show) those who were truthful when taking the test. This test did not really do anything for my brother or for me; he just took it and went back to watching videos. The test did not make me stop and think about how he is going to act in the future or change how I will act towards him. Basically, I take these tests for fun to see how accurate the questions being asked are.

No comments:

Post a Comment