Sunday, November 15, 2009

Art Project 1



My art is a mirror; like most people's. Now that I think about it, it is funny how we tend to mirror our problems, instead of making hammers. I personally think that hammers are hard to come up with so we mirror our problems. The guy in the video is in the subway station, listening to his iPod. He gets home, goes straight to his computer, talks on AIM, and plays MapleStory to escape his real world. In MapleStory, he can do things he normally cannot do in the real world.

Honestly, I was not really thinking when making this video. I was just having fun with the programs and techniques. But that is what technology is for: to have fun. This art does not make me think, or feel but it was boring. I think this art is just a reflection of my life, and to be bored looking at the video says something about my life (like the movie during the capitalism unit).

I had fun making this project. It was a compilation of my brother's and my ideas. He was also learning how to make animations so I think this project was a good experience for the both of us. I think this experience just shows how technology can bring people together; my brother and I got a little closer and it was our first project together. So I guess technology do good for people (after learning all the bad stuff about it).

1 comment:

  1. Maggie,

    Blogger's video bogging down again. Can you add a link from vimeo or flickr?

    ReplyDelete